Granny Smith is widely used in pie baking. At home, mom’s apple pie was always made with Granny Smith apples. Certainly. They also make this delicate purée. Granny Smith are greatly recommended to be chosen over other apples, only because of their high level of antioxidants.
While steaming, I melt a small piece of celery root to naturally flavor the apples and cooked it until tender. They blend well together. Celery root is generally available, easy to find within the veggies section in any grocery store.
Light and refreshing, this purée can calm and soothe little ones tummy upsets anytime. Named after Maria Ann Smith, she cultivated Granny Smith Apples since the beginning of the 18th century.
I love it, and I hope your little one does too!
© Au Petit Goût. All Rights Reserved.
- ¼ small celery root bulb, outer skin removed, chopped.
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and evenly chopped
- Steam apples and celery root for 10 minutes, until tender.
- Mix in a food processor (or blender of your choice) until smooth.
- Add a little water from the steamer to thin, if need be.
- -7 months and up