Here’s wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day.
Whether you are planning a romantic date with your loved one or celebrating with friends and family, I hope you make this Valentine’s a special one.
A few trees are so anxious for Spring they are starting to bloom.
It’s happening right now, and my eyes are going in every direction to capture the beauty and magic blossoms bring to February.
I stopped to fill my hands with a few stems and little sprigs bearing tiny blossoms. Here are a few I reserved for you.
I leave you with a delicious heart-shaped linzer cookie recipe that I posted earlier for you to bake along with your loved ones to make them special, as Love is everywhere.
- ¾ cup of butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups of Flour
- ¾ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of ground almonds
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- Finishing Ingredients:
- 1 jar of Raspberry Preserves
- Powdered Sugar to dust cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix all Dough Ingredients into a smooth dough. Let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Roll out the dough to ¼ inch thickness
- Using cookie cutters or an empty glass, cut into matching pairs, cut a ¾ inch diameter hole from one of each pair. Place pairs on baking paper covered baking sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let Cookies cool
- Spread Raspberry preserves over hole-less side of each pair. Place matching half on top of the jam-covered half and dust them all with Powdered Sugar
©Au Petit Goût. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.