We’re back after taking a few days off. I baked this olive oil and ricotta cake to enjoy after dinner. The olive oil and ricotta make this cake nicely moist, topped with fresh plums which we’re still enjoying given the abundance of stone fruits this season. Add a blob of vanilla ice cream or perhaps some whipped mascarpone – delicious!
I hope to share a few memories of our trip in an upcoming post, followed by a review of a wonderful new cookbook- The Naked Cookbook.
How is your summer going so far?
Be back soon.
- 1 cup of whole milk ricotta
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ baking soda
- 8 to 10 small plums, halved
- 1 tbsp of honey or sugar
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9-inch round springform pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ricotta, olive oil, granulated sugar, lemon zest. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addtion.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda directly over the ricotta mixture. Stir gently until combined. Pour the batter-into the prepare pan, spreading it evenly.
- Arrange plum on top of the cake, cut side down.
- Bake for 55 or 60 minutes,until the top is golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove form the cake from the pan and dust with confectioners' sugar and serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
© Au Petit Goût. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.